WWII era 19th Alberta Dragoons regiment
|Shipping:||Canada: $4.00||International: $4.00|
|Insurance:||Canada/US: $12.00||International: $30.00|
|If insurance is declined the buyer takes all responsibility for damage or loss in shipping.|
Above are the scans for a WWII era cap badge for the 19th Alberta Dragoons regiment. Made of fine brass, this badge has both original lugs intact and in good order. It is Hallmarked "Wm Skully Ltd, Montreal". An excellent example of this WWII regiment cap badge.
On all our products we accept prepaid authorized returns upon notification within 14 days of shipping, for full product refund, if you are not pleased.
I will happily combine items to save shipping costs if you purchase other items as well...
The 19th Alberta Dragoons originated in Edmonton, Alberta on 1 February 1908, when the 19th The Alberta Mounted Rifles were authorized. It was re-designated as the 19th Alberta Dragoons on the 3rd of January 1911. The 3rd Battalion, Canadian Mounted Rifles, CEF, organized from 19th Alberta Dragoon volunteers in Medicine Hat Alberta, and authorized on 7 November 1914. They embarked for England on 12 June 1915 and fought in France from 22 September 1915 as part of the 1st Canadian Mounted Rifles Brigade until its personnel were absorbed by the 1st Battalion and 2nd Battalion, Canadian Mounted Rifles on 31 December 1915. The battalion was subsequently disbanded on the 15th of November 1920. The battle honors are as follows YPRES 1915, Gravenstafel, Festubert 1915, Mount Sorrel, SOMME 1916, Flers-Courcelette, Ancre Heights, YPRES 17, ARRAS 1917 1918, Vimy 1917, HILL 70, AMIENS, Scarpe 1918, Drocourt-Queant, HINDENBURG LINE, Canal du Nord, Cambrai 1918, PURSUIT TO MONS, FRANCE AND FLANDERS 191518.
On February 16, 1936, it was amalgamated with The Alberta Mounted Rifles. During the war its designation was again changed to the 19th (Reserve) Alberta Dragoons on the 7th of November 1940. On the 1st of April 1946, it was amalgamated with the 2nd (Reserve) Battalion, The Edmonton Fusiliers and once again re-designated as the 19th (Alberta) Armoured Car Regiment, RCAC. It was re-designated the 19th Alberta Armoured Car Regiment on 4 February 1949, then the 19th Alberta Dragoons (19th Armoured Car Regiment) on 1 November 1954 and the 19th Alberta Dragoons on 19 May 1958. It was reduced to nil strength and transferred to the Supplementary Order of Battle on 28 February 1965. In 2006, the 19th Alberta Dragoons were amalgamated with the South Alberta Light Horse, which retained that designation.